Pilates is a form of muscle retraining and strengthening of the body's core stabilising muscles. It can be used in the form of:
- Rehabilitation from lower back injury
- Post natal muscle weakness
- Postural correction
- General strengthening
- Reduced load bearing exercise
- Fitness for all age groups
The Benefits of Pilates
Pilates is used by:
- The general public
- Athletes and dancers for rehabilitation
- People with arthritis and osteoporosis
- Children during growth and development
Essendon Physio Group offers a one on one personalised clinical pilates service using pilates reformers. This service is run by a highly trained Exercise Physiologist and a thorough assessment must be undertaken prior to the commencement of clinical pilates. Private Health Rebates may be claimable for this service.
Enquiries for this service can be made by contacting us for further information or to make an appointment.